Saturday, January 10, 2009

Flood of 2009





As many of you already know our little town was evacuated for flooding the other day. We were pretty confident that our house would be fine but decided just in case we were wrong that we didn't want to be one of those families you see on the news be lifted off our roof by a helicopter. So anyway, we decided to follow the recommendation to evacuate. Anyway, we didn't know where to go (we had many offers) and then we had this brilliant idea to make it a vacation and head about an hour south and go to the Great Wolf Lodge. It was a blast. We had so much fun. I had called them and told them that we were being evacuated and they gave us an amazing rate. Acutally cheaper than Best Western and Holiday Inn. Anyway, everything turned out fine and we were able to go home the next day. We were actually hoping to be able to stay another night. The place was amazing with so many things to do. I have to say I am so greatful for the flooding because it was so fun to get away and bond as a family. I am sorry for those who didn't fair so well but for us it was a blessing.




The had a great area for Tanner to play. Lots of things to push and pull that made water squirt everywhere.
Lindsay and Haley being dumped on by a huge bucket of water that tipped over every few minutes.


Danny and Tanner have a squirt fight.


6 comments:

melissa said...

That place is amazing, that thought actually crossed my mind, but with cammie jean being sick we decided against it. Glad you had fun.

Karen K. said...

Wow. 1) You blogged and 2) You evacuated. How exciting! I'm glad you had a good time. Every evacuation should be so wonderful. Maybe I'll have to use that excuse when I make reservations...

Tracey said...

I'm so happy you are ok. I know our lives are crazy but I miss you tons! This is the place you showed me on our way down to Oregon. It looks so fun. I'm hoping to head that way this spring. Will hotel Malloy be open? LOL

April said...

Okay, THAT is my kind of evacuation! :-) And I thought we had a fun night crashing at the Brady's house! LOL. That's awesome you guys turned the experience into a family trip! We're hoping to do the Great Wolf Lodge family get-away next month, so I'll have to get some tips from you on how to get a good deal! Hopefully by then the reason won't be floods and evacuations!

Lauralee said...

seriously? you went to the great wolf lodge? great idea.. I guess especially since you got a great discount! looks like fun!

Teresa said...

I wished we would have done that! What a great way to make the most of a frustrating situation! Looks like fun!